Every weekday’s end, Extra, Extra collects just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- You might be aware of “rooftoppers,” people who like to sneak onto the roofs of high-rise buildings and then take pictures of themselves doing crazy (or, if you like, daring) things. Apparently it’s a whole subculture. The Grid‘s David Hains climbed the Royal York hotel for the story.
- The Revue Cinema is back in business tonight, having recovered from Saturday’s plaster disaster.
- Douglas Coupland is releasing a line of furniture at Toronto’s Interior Design Show, which opens tonight.
- And Councillor Giorgio Mammoliti (Ward 7, York West) is convinced he’s being followed and spied on by his political enemies. Sounds like the last gasp of a guilty conscience to us.
- Also, remember to check Torontoist tomorrow at 10:30 a.m. That is when Mayor Rob Ford’s appeal decision is expected. You want to know whether he’s going to be booted out of office or not, don’t you?