Every weekday’s end, Extra, Extra collects just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- For all those dismayed by city council’s decision to remove a certain bike lane, here’s an idea: why don’t you just carry your own lane around with you? As the video above demonstrates, it’s possible.
- Everyone is all worked up about the possibility of a by-election to replace Rob Ford as mayor of Toronto, but John Lorinc thinks it would be a much better idea for council just to appoint Councillor John Parker (Ward 26, Don Valley West) to the job until the next scheduled election in 2014, and be done with it. He makes a good argument.
- Meanwhile, John Michael McGrath just wants to clear up all your misconceptions about Ford’s court case.
- So, apparently there’s at least one great reason not to buy suspiciously cheap Angry Birds–branded stuffed toys: they might be filled with dog fur and rat droppings.
- To hell with you, Environment Canada. This winter is going to be warm and totally fine. You may have science on your side, but we have an unshakable belief rooted in fear. Entire political careers have been built on less.