Every weekday’s end, Extra, Extra collects just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- The Toronto episode of Anthony Bourdain’s Travel Channel show, The Layover, appeared online in partial form yesterday. Now you can watch the whole episode on one of those semi-legal video sites. Don’t blame us if it gets taken down.
- In that episode of his show, Bourdain has some disparaging things to say about Toronto’s architecture. Meanwhile, Eric Wood, a Buffalo Bills football player, is equally underwhelmed by our city’s football fans. Why do you hate us so much, American B-list celebrities?
- An animated GIF of Ikea monkey has surfaced. Aww…so cute. And now, let us never speak of Ikea monkey again.
- This Vancouver-based human-rights complaint about a British Columbia restaurant chain’s use of the word “albino” may mean we’ll have to start referring to the white squirrels in Trinity Bellwoods as “colour-deprived.”
- Oshawa is about to lose its pride and joy: GM has said that it will be moving Camaro production to Lansing, Michigan. The Oshawa plant is expected to continue making other kinds of cars.
- And here, in case you haven’t seen it yet, is a video of an eagle snatching a toddler, in Montreal. But it’s definitely, definitely fake.