Every weekday’s end, we collect just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- “Um, I was advised that subways are very important,” said a 14-year-old girl who was “Mayor for a Day” under Rob Ford’s tutelage. Judging by the picture at the top of the linked article, Ford found that hilarious.
- Canada.com has assembled a photo gallery of the differences between U.S. Tim Hortonses and their Canadian counterparts and it’s actually kind of interesting. Like, why doesn’t Canada have dipping sauce for Timbits? If you browse only one piece of shameless clickbait today, let this be it.
- A Ukranian musician who believes she was the first one ever to sing the words “call me,” and “here’s my number” is suing B.C. native Carly Rae Jepsen.
- Animosity between cyclists and e-bike riders has hit a new low.
- Here is a time-lapse video of a King Street West condo being built. It’s amazing how they shoot up like weeds once the foundations are in place. Good on the photographer here for doing something constructive with, uh, construction.
Like Torontoist? Send us tips, get involved, or follow us through Twitter, Facebook, or RSS.