Every weekday’s end, Extra, Extra collects just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- Lost in all the Ford-related excitement of the past couple days was this interesting piece of news: the Globe and Mail‘s parent company is abandoning plans to build a new headquarters for the paper on a plot of land adjacent to its existing building, near Front Street and Spadina Avenue. What this might mean for the “mini Eaton Centre” that developers were reportedly hoping to build in place of the Globe‘s old offices is unclear.
- So if this guy had actually performed witchcraft, everything would have been fine?
- The Maple Leafs are now, according to Forbes, the most expensive team in hockey, which goes to show that price and value are two very different things.
- NOW Magazine offers a critical analysis of that picture of Justin Bieber shaking Stephen Harper’s hand while dressed “like a hip-hop version of an Oakie farmhand.”
- Why can’t the CN Tower be a giant music visualizer, like the Empire State Building?