Every weekday’s end, we collect just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- Daylight Saving Time ends on Sunday. Remember to turn your clocks back, otherwise you might accidentally show up early to work and get a promotion or something. You don’t need the extra responsibility, trust us.
- When you want a TTC bus, you wait for it. When Mayor Rob Ford wants a TTC bus for his football team, he calls up the TTC’s CEO. Such a man of the people, this guy.
- It was bound to happen sooner or later: two would-be entrepreneurs are trying to start a restaurant called The Gravy Train. (The name is inspired, of course, by Mayor Rob Ford’s favourite rhetorical turn of phrase.) The menu will emphasize dips and sauces. Frankly, it all sounds a little gross, but there’s an Indiegogo page where you can contribute some startup money to the cause, should you actually want to be partially responsible for this.
- Because of the ongoing lockout, the NHL has cancelled this year’s Winter Classic. The Leafs were supposed to play the Detroit Red Wings. They probably would have lost, anyway.
- Oh look, another downtown-casino proposal.
- And, to start your weekend, a little bit of closure: Toronto police have charged a guy they think is responsible for that huge fight in a Chinatown pho restaurant on Halloween. If you didn’t see the YouTube video, it’s incredible.
Like Torontoist? Send us tips, get involved, or follow us through Twitter, Facebook, or RSS.