Trillium, 1935. Photo by Alfred Pearson. City of Toronto Archives, Fonds 16, Series 71, Item 10962.
Purchased by the city in 1926, the Trillium was operated by the TTC until it was retired in 1956. The following year the Metro Toronto Works Department purchased the boat with the intention of stripping it down for use as a garbage scow. That plan was put on hold, which led to the Trillium being towed to a lagoon near the Island lighthouse, where it remained for the next 16 years.