York Street Bridge. Circa 1908. City of Toronto Archives, Fonds 1244, Item 594.
Opened in 1897, the long bridge at the end of York Street, along with a similar structure on John Street, allowed Torontonians access to the central waterfront without having to dodge trains at level crossings. Through streetcar tracks were built on the bridge, they were never used. The structure was demolished in the late 1920s to make way for the waterfront railway viaduct, and was replaced with the current York Street tunnel.