Every weekday’s end, Extra, Extra collects just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- A couple weeks ago, we saw a teaser trailer for the Total Recall remake, which is reportedly the most expensive feature film ever shot in Toronto. Now, we’ve got the trailer for the trailer (embedded above, and brought to our attention by Onion AV Toronto). See, when your budget’s this big, you can afford a marketing strategy that’s built like a Russian nesting doll.
- Fashion icon Narduar, The Human Serviette has now been written up for GQ. Well deserved.
- Officer Bubbles, of G20 fame, is on Ontario’s sunshine list this year. Guess how much he made.
- Today was a landmark day for peace among nations, as Toronto DJ Deadmau5 and his mortal enemy, Madonna, declared a truce. Release the doves.
- Did you know there’s a park being built underneath part of the Gardiner Expressway? It’s true. And it’s starting to look pretty inviting.
- And are you offended by the idea of subway advertisements that tell children to pray for their drug-addled parents, rather than seek help from, say, other humans? You’re not alone.