Every weekday’s end, Extra, Extra collects just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
- For the sports fans: the Leafs might be playing in next year’s winter classic. But the game probably won’t be in Toronto. Mayor Ford’s losing streak continues.
- For the sports and/or LGBT activism fans: Brian Burke accepted PFLAG Toronto’s Ally Award earlier this week.
- Jezebel has a story about a Toronto dance studio that had a very weird email exchange with an outraged local. “PLEASE SEE A PSYCHIATRIST OR LEAVE PLANET EARTH NOW” may be what customers sometimes deserve to hear, but wouldn’t it be easier to stick with “have a nice day”?
- The Grid thinks making Toronto’s bus routes more confusing will somehow make them better.
- And we missed this last week, but look who’s in the lead image of an Atlantic Cities post about ugly buildings! Couldn’t have happened to a nicer book fortress.