Every weekday’s end, Extra, Extra collects just about everything you ought to care about or ought not miss.
Four of Val Dodge’s license plate discoveries. Photos by Val Dodge.
- From “LOTZAFUN” to “WEHEW,” who cares if it takes two years to find and photograph Toronto’s best vanity license plates if this is how amazing they are? And you thought Val Dodge could only put together comprehensive galleries of the various ways that Toronto’s stickmen are killed.
- Whenever we’re done arguing about the Globe and Mail‘s redesign, we should probably talk about this and this.
- My, what a bad anti–Rob Ford video you have!
- Sarah Bobas, who dreamed up “Fall in XO with TO” for our better Toronto slogan competition, takes to her blog to explain a little more about why she submitted it. Two more finalists are still on the way next week, and you can vote for your favourite starting October 6.
- The final word on final words: “Why the media won’t learn from false death reports,” about how Pat Burns and Gordon Lightfoot were mourned by media when they weren’t dead.
- And, speaking of mistakes: oops.